LIBYA’S MINISTRY OF JUSTICE CALLS FOR PROSECUTING SECURITY CHECKPOINT ATTACKERS

TRIPOLI, Libya, Libya's Ministry of Justice, called on the Attorney General to take legal actions against those responsible for a deadly attack on a security checkpoint in the Libyan city of Zliten.

"Such actions will not deter it from exercising its responsibilities and carrying out its duties. The ministry affirms that, these acts will only increase the Libyans' determination to fight terrorism," the ministry said.

The ministry calls on the Attorney General's Office, to take legal actions, against those responsible of this heinous act and called on all components of society to stand together, to combat and defeat terrorism, it said.

Daesh affiliates, on a four-wheel drive vehicle, attacked a security checkpoint in Zliten city, some 160 km east of the capital Tripoli, killing seven security personnel, and injuring two others, according to a local security source.

The Daesh, on Saturday, claimed responsibility for the attack, confirming that, the "Mujahideen returned safely to their positions," after carrying out the attack.

The attack came, less than a day after the Daesh leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, called on his supporters, to "turn to Libya and support the Mujahideen in Libya, Syria and Iraq."

A number of Libyan cities have previously suffered similar terrorist attacks, targeting security and military checkpoints.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK